This month’s hearing of Azeem Rafiq’s racist allegations in Yorkshire has been postponed after an appeal against a decision to make the footage public.
The Cricket Discipline Commission hearings were due to start on November 28 but have been postponed due to a dispute over the circumstances and are not expected to take place until the new year.
CDC officials usually hear testimony behind closed doors after which they issue written rulings, but the independent agency broke convention when it accepted a request from Rafiq to raise confidentiality.
The former spin bowler, 31, told the PA news agency last week: “We need to have this conversation to get it out in the open and to get closure. Let the world see it, I have nothing to hide”.
Former England captain Michael Vaughan, who is one of the contestants, wrote in the Daily Telegraph that he was happy to make a public defense but some of those summoned to appear objected and proceedings were halted. their requests are considered.
A statement from the England and Wales Cricket Board said: “Complaints were raised by a number of respondents in relation to the decisions of the CDC panel following the Preliminary Issues hearing last month.
“These complaints are now due to be heard and therefore the entire CDC hearing of the ECB’s case against Yorkshire CCC and a number of individuals will not resume on November 28. That hearing is now due to take place in early 2023.”
Rafiq himself has previously said he would consider taking part in the event if there is no team, while former Yorkshire manager Andrew Gale and former chairman Roger Hutton have both indicated they will not take part for any reason due to absences. faith in the process.
The ex-England Under-19 player’s scathing testimony rocked the game last year when he appeared before the Digital, Culture, Media and Sport select committee.
He will be before the committee on December 13, where he will share his views with MPs under parliamentary privilege.