Al-Nassr have made the best offer yet to sign Cristiano Ronaldo, Sky Sports News has been told.
But, contrary to reports, the Portuguese star has not finalized the deal to sign for the Saudi Arabian club
Al-Nassr is one of several clubs in the country interested in signing Ronaldo, who is a free agent after leaving Manchester United at the end of last month.
Sky Sports It has been revealed that where Ronaldo will go is a club in Saudi Arabia, the country wants to make him an ambassador for the game.
Ronaldo would still play at the World Cup in Qatar, keen to face Switzerland in the last 16 to prepare for the quarter-finals against Spain, if Luis Enrique’s side can beat Morocco on Tuesday.
Ronaldo left United by mutual consent last month following his interview with Piers Morgan.
United issued 67 statements announcing that they have reached an agreement with the 37-year-old to terminate his contract.
In the discussion on TalkTV – aired in two episodes on Wednesday and Thursday last week – Ronaldo said he felt “betrayed” by the club and “disrespected” manager Erik ten Hag.
The Portuguese captain also said senior members of United wanted him out of Old Trafford and doubted him when he said he would not attend pre-season because his daughter was ill in hospital.
Gakpo: I will decide my future after the World Cup
Cody Gakpo revealed that he will make a decision on his future after the World Cup. The Dutch star is being linked with a £50m move to Manchester United.
When asked when he will decide about his future, he said: “After that, I’m not thinking about it now.”
“I’m focused on this race, I’m trying to keep improving and helping the team and hopefully when we’re world champions then I can think about that. [the future].
“I just want to keep my eyes off and other players don’t really talk which helps me in that regard as well.
“We came here with the goal of becoming a world champion. We believe in that and we are fighting and improving every day.
“We are growing in this competition, we are improving every game and this was another step up.”
David was unaware of the PL interest in the Man Utd link
Canadian striker Jonathan David wants to play in the Premier League one day but is playing down reports of a move amid interest from Manchester United.
The 22-year-old, who has scored 41 goals in 111 Ligue 1 appearances for Lille, helped guide Canada to their first World Cup appearance in 36 years.
David insists his focus on the Canadian campaign has left him no time to speculate about his future.
“I don’t know anything,” he said. “When I’m at the World Cup I just focus on trying to enjoy the World Cup and enjoy the moment.
“What happens I don’t know, we have to see. The Premier League is the best league in the world, and I think every player would like to play there one day.”
Could Rice be on his way to Old Trafford?
Sky Sports Chief Correspondent Kaveh Solhehol:
“There is an unwritten rule in press conferences with England where the media are not supposed to ask questions about club news.
“However, a friend of mine asked a very smart question that prompted Declan Rice to talk about his future.
“In fact, he has two years left to run at West Ham this summer and, so far, all indications are that he will not sign a new contract.
“You would think that next summer would be a good time for West Ham to sell him, otherwise the price will start to drop.
“There is a lot of speculation that he will leave West Ham this summer, although they don’t have to sell him.
“If he goes, I think he’ll cost around £100m.
“Which clubs would he be interested in? We are talking about Chelsea, Manchester United and Manchester City, and probably many other clubs.”