The holidays are approaching, and who has time to think of gifts for everyone? That’s why we found you; The Shade Room they are sharing this 2022 holiday Gift The director and many affordable and thoughtful options.
Whether you’re looking for your best friend, mom, or sibling, our directory is your one-stop shop for great, affordable gifts. We have recommendations straight from our TSR and TSR SHOP staff. Time!
Scroll down and enjoy the links to our favorite ideas this year.
The Shade Room’s Top Choices (Black-Owned Businesses)
Shadow RooMrs Editor’s Choice
If you hate wasting time and money, we hear you! Here are some gift ideas the TSR staff believe your family and friends will use.
Thembi Mawema (TSR Director, Social Media), Voova Small Jewelry Organizer: This jewelry organizer/organizer is a travel must-have if you’re a makeup girl! It keeps rings, necklaces, and accessories organized, untangled, and easy to carry when you’re on the go.
Aiesha Letman (Managing Editor), Olaplex No.7 Bonding Oil: I try to put as many people on this hair oil as possible, especially if they use heat on their hair. It also makes natural hair soft & shiny and easy to maintain. It costs $30.
Taylor Bickham (Director of Social Content, TSR Teens), Custom Name Neon Sign: at $79, this neon sign is the perfect gift for a designer looking to make a name for themselves digitally. It can be hung in the bedroom or dorm which is perfect for any college or high school student.
Tee (Sr. Social Media Editor), JBL Clip Bluetooth Speaker: The holiday season is here and when you’re traveling from home to home we all know the party never stops. For $45 a lightweight JBL speaker will keep the performance loud and light!!
Alisha Sellers (Social Media Content Producer), Gucci 4 pcs. Perfume: For people who are playing on a budget this is a great gift for any woman who loves a good fragrance. You can’t go wrong with a premium perfume!
Jade Whiteside (Social Media Content Producer), Pay someone a bill on vacation (no link for it): Times are tough for most people, so I believe having someone to help pay the bill for the holiday season can help make the person on the receiving end smile.
Cassandra Santiago (Editor), Self Love Affirmation Card Deck: these affirmation cards from SaySoSoul got me through the hardest days! Everyone should have a reminder of their greatness nearby and I keep this one ON ME!
Brianne Deville (Assistant Social Media Editor), Deep Tissue Massager: The day I received this deep tissue massager was one of the best days of my fitness journey. It’s also good to release all the stress and take care of yourself when needed!
La’Janee Alford (Social Media Content Producer), Paula’s Choice BHA Liquid Exfoliant: Gworl! If you want to remove dead skin, PUH-LEZE get this product. This liquid exfoliant leaves your skin flawless.
Kai Hughes (Social Media Producer), Nano Titanium Ultra-Thin Straightening Iron: A pure iron, I always recommend it. Either natural hair or bundles are my go to.
Saran Tarawaley (Social Media Content Producer), Newmowa 60 LED High Power LED Light: This gives your photos the right light no matter where you are. It’s a small phone that fits in your pocket. You can go anywhere! Trying to get flawless photos like an IG baddie? This is the best lamp to install.
Nick Fenely (Recruiter), Hip Hop Vinyl Record Label Coaster: If you’re looking to track down an OG rap fan’s coaster, look no further. These fun coasters are designed to resemble beloved album covers from the past, so people can protect their coffee tables in style.
Jadriena Solomon (Sr. Editor), Fenty Skin Butta Drop Whipped Oil Body Cream: they weren’t playing any games when they created Butta Drop Whipped Oil Body Cream. Does it moisturize the skin better than any other product I’ve used? Yes. Does it leave me smelling like a rich Biscotti cookie? Yes. Will I be buying 10 more before they disappear from the shelves? Yes!!!
Maya (Social Media Content Producer), Luxome Luxury Sheet Set: I don’t play when it comes to my sleep, it’s the best here! So I’m always on the lookout for luxury bedding. I highly recommend these bamboo sheets, they are so soft and cool.
Black! A Gift To Start Your Selling Stuffin
- Anna & Pookie ‘Black Woman’ Mug The air is cold, and the drinks are hot, but the cups often aren’t! So, here are the mugs every Black woman can use to drink and breathe! And if they’re drinking in preparation for a child’s birthday party, Anna and Pookie decorate it!
- ‘Hella Black’ Card Game (Limited edition) Fix someone’s game Hell Black! It comes with 140 cards divided into four categories: real talk, dating, sex, and relationships. Just make sure the kids don’t have any of the adults’ business because the Hella Awkward card game is 18+. only!
- ‘Blacker The Berry’ Traditional Donkey Candles The holidays are a time when we can’t stop our loved ones from occupying our space! Help someone in your life prepare their space with a Sustainable Candle – a luxurious fragrance with names that are hard to forget. From Blacker The Berry to joyride, there’s a lil’ something for everyone!
- Flat Shoes Talk about a practical gift! Skip the big heel pain by throwing a pair of Flat Out Of Heels shoes in your bag. Rolls, folds and moves whenever needed!
- Hyve Life Sunglasses A good pair of haters is a must at any time of the year, and just the right size to keep in stock! Go in between, from square, round and cat frames to colorful designs, colored glasses, and a personalized rolling bag, Hyve Life has something for every taste!
- Butter By Keba Bundle One thing about winter, it can tear your skin! Blue by Keba offers body oils, lotions, perfumes, and bath salts to elevate any self-care experience! And they made holiday gifting easy by incorporating some of their best products into their deals Lotus Nut Gift Trio Bundle.
- Dungeon Forward’s Tactical Beanie Do you have creatives in your life who can’t seem to get their writing done? Well, Dungeon Forward has a way of keeping their brain juices hot while we’re looking for flies! Check out their smart beanies with slots to carry a writing tool or anything similar – they come in a variety of colors from basic to neon.
- HOA Accessory Bar Rings There’s nothing like adding a lil sauce to your style—and some accessories can make or break a look! Whether it’s giving back to the country, making a statement, or amping up the ‘fit, the HOA Accessory Bar has earrings (or pins) to match.
- Kindred Paper Holiday Cards It’s the holiday for all of us—and Kindred Paper really nailed this greeting card project. Add to your stocking stuffer or add to your gifts with one of three designs!
Gifts to Get the Holiday Party Poppin’
- SHADE ROOM ONLY! Cute Christmas Sweater I’m sorry, Auntie Monique! It’s the season to go out, and we’re showing the bonnets and durags some love in public. Skip the ‘dirty’ in the sweater parties and rock the statement pieces available at the TSR Shop. The design of this sweater features a black material that is also available at the TSR Shop!
- Mix’d Roots Alcohol Infusion Kit Drinks are plentiful during the holidays, but not everyone knows how to pour a delicious drink! That’s where Mix’d Roots comes in with all the ingredients (minus the alcohol) needed to make between 8-10 drinks. From spicy margaritas to fruity sangrias, here’s the perfect gift to light up any punch.
- Blackity Black Card Game It’s not creative, but this card game will be as functional as it is illuminated! Do you have music themes in your yard? See who is taking the crown Heard It All Before‘s deck of songs—from 70s soul to hip-hop classics. Ditch the boring drinking games and join them Po’ Up-a card game that makes it feel like coming home all year round!
- Eat Unlimited Good Cheddar Dip Make sure vegetarians have a healthy meal on the Eat UNrestricted holiday. Their cheese dip comes in flavors like original, chipotle, and garlic. Yum at ’em one-by-one or all three cops in a bundle.
- Yoro Sparkling Water Between the card game hollas and the vegan cheddar dip, people are going to need a lil juice! Keep your thirst at bay with a 24-pack of sparkling, hot Yoro H20.
- Coffee 1893 Coffee & Tea Prepare ahead of time for wicked eggnog, fun cocktails, and endless shots! Order coffee or tea from Kahawa 1893!
Gifts For Your Bougie People
- Terminal B candle: Give the gift of an emotional escape with award-winning fragrances from Terminal B. Inspired by world travel, their candles take you away with tobacco & smoky leather to lavender & eucalyptus scents!
- Vashti Wax Melts: Not a fan of candles? Enter Vasiti, a company selling bougie wax melts in jars! From fruity to floral and neutral, Vashti offers a wide range of premium fragrances. Pair their warm wax with a bunch of their basics for the ultimate in bougie fun!
- Auntrl Noir Beard Kit: No Shave November, and brothers need to take care of themselves too! Treat the man (or yourself) to Auntrl’s Noir Beard Kit for all the holiday cheer to come.
- RVL Wellness Co. Puzzles Mini: I want to help a black woman hear “see, reduce stress and practice memory?” Discover his creativity that starts as a small preview of RVL Wellness! Pieces give Black Girl Magic, group goals, and the power to take care of herself!
- PRSVR Crystal Key Ring: KING: a bougie friend in a Benz or Honda! Add sparkle to the jingle by adding your own public keys and PRSVR private links.
- Cultured Misfits Pillow: A person who likes fame often brings it to their place. Add their touch with the Kultured Misfits’ Not enough pillow. For the bed, bed, and guests to remember!
- Diamond’s Body Care Self-care Set: Issa tropical vacation with Diamond’s Island Breeze Self-care Set. Give the gift of relaxation with an organic scrub and massage soap, followed by body lotion and butter. We’ll take TWO!
Gifts to Protect the Ashes This Winter
Atticus X Flourish Skincare System
Start the new year off right with a skincare routine that hydrates and protects! The Atticus X Flourysh set includes a cleansing salt, moisturizer, and night cream. Ideal for oily or skin prone to hyperpigmentation or scars.
My Beard Oil
Smells good, feels good, and glows good! My Beard Oil and their partner are still trying to get the beard to connect with what they call their own!
Lip Set Oil
Don’t get caught missing under the mistletoe this season! Keep moisturized all winter long with Kyvan’s 6-pack lip balm.